By Tom Gentile, America’s #1 Pattern Trader
Click here to download the PDF version:
The phrase “no one can predict the future” has never rung truer than it does right now.
Back when I first heard the word “coronavirus” in January, I could never have predicted it would lead to stocked fridges and toilet paper sell-outs.
See, in the past month alone, restaurants around the country have closed. Schools have moved entirely to online learning. The markets have tanked 30%. And I’m willing to bet the majority of you are reading this from your couch, back aching from leaning over a laptop all day.
Businesses and individuals everywhere are losing money. And when you’re watching cash flow out of your bank account, it’s hard not to panic.
But you don’t have to feel trapped in the market meltdown. There are three things you can do right now:
- Stay calm.
- Take action.
- Make money.
Easier said than done, I know. But that’s exactly why I’m here.
I’m going to show you how to employ these three steps starting today.
It all starts right now.
Four Ways to Calmly Cash In on the Market Crash
Breaking down this chart, more facts reveal themselves…
- Markets oscillate between bullish and bearish phases.
- Over the past 30 years, the average bull market rises 295% over 8.69 years.
- Over the past 30 years, the average bear market drops 54% over 1.95 years.
- Bull markets last a lotlonger than bear markets.
- We are in the midst of a normal and overdue bear cycle.
- If the historical averages hold, we can expect the S&P 500 to drop to 1,835 by January 2022.
- But this drop may not happen.
- Stock portfolios have lost money and will lose more if this history-based forecast holds.
- Once the market bottoms, history predicts that we’ll have a 295% rise over the next 8.69 years.
- Massive opportunity awaits.
Now that we’ve established the facts, we need to ask ourselves – what now? We can’t just simply sit and wait for the market to rise again. There are actions you can take right now to position yourself for profits in this market.
- Move your money to safer assets like cash or precious metals and wait out the storm. Consider commodity exchange-traded funds (ETFs) for gold and silver, like the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD).
- Begin looking for the companies or ETFs that have the best chance of rising out of the ashes once we bottom. Oil, for example, has a very high probability of rising over the
- Look for the strongest stocks that are rising, or not dropping, in this bearish market. For example, Zoom Video Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:ZM)is holding up in this market. It makes sense when you consider more businesses are going to video conferencing over in-person meetings at the moment. ZM profits are likely to exceed expectations on their next earnings announcement.
- This is my favorite action to take. In fact, it’s what I’m doing during this time. Cash in on the bearishness with options.
The easiest way to make money, period, is by applying options in a bearish market.
There are myriad ways to trade this market in the short- and long-term with options. An easy one is to simply buy cheap out-of-the-money (OTM) puts on stocks that are falling like a rock. Reduce the implied volatility (IV) risk by buying put spreads.
Another is to sell short-term credit spreads at resistance and well above the price action. These trades can bring in 30% return-on-investment (ROI) in just a couple of weeks with high probability of profit.
The market may continue its fall for now. But with these strategies, you won’t just preserve your portfolio – you’ll make some money as well.
To your success,
America’s #1 Pattern Trader